K. Rajanathan & Co., – Chartered Accountants
Registered as member firm and practicing firm in the The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka.
Key Management Consultants (Pvt) Ltd
We match our services to your unique goals and concerns within the corporate law and company secretarial practise industry and we advise you across the full range of legal issues affecting your line of work in a converging sphere of trading.
We deal within all key finance and business strain. we are able to deliver a seamless and truly national and international service.
Services we offer
- resolving patents, trademarks, copyrights, designs and trade secret disputes.
- preparing and filing the company’s Annual Return within deadlines
- maintaining the company’s statutory registers
- dealing with the transfer formalities on a change of ownership of shares and issuing new share certificates
- filing any changes in the statutory registers required at Companies registrar on time (so avoiding financial penalties and reputation risk)
- telephone support in respect of the above during office hours.
- Corporate administration
- Corporate governance
- Corporate restructuring
- Company formation
- partnership agreements
- non-disclosure agreements shareholders’ agreements
- joint venture agreements
- outsourcing agreements
- manufacture, purchase and supply agreements
- collaboration agreements
- preparation and review of commercial contracts and agreements
- service level agreements terms of business, and more
Company Law and Practice
Non-contentious work includes:
- Incorporation of companies
- Registration of branch and liaison offfices
- Registration of off-shore companies
- Provision of Company Secretarial Services
- Applications to Court under various provisions of the Companies Act.
Contentious work includes:
- Oppression and mismanagement applications
- Applications to court for winding up of companies
Competition and Trade
The complex legal framework in these areas on which we advise includes the provisions of the:
- Fair Trading Commission Act
- Consumer Protection Act
- Mergers Code
- Code of Intellectual Property Act
This area of practice includes:
- Group restructuring
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Complex commercial agreements such as agency, distribution, franchise, licensing and representative agreements
- Advice on the legal aspects of Foreign Direct Investment in Sri Lanka
- Advice on Joint Ventures
- Sri Lanka Board of Investment (B.O.I.) Agreements
We advise foreign clients from the individual wishing to purchase or lease property or invest in Sri Lanka, to foreign corporations wishing to establish an enterprise in Sri Lanka. Where necessary, we negotiate with the relevant Board of Investment officials for approvals and identify incentives and benefits such as tax holidays available to the enterprise and take all necessary steps in connection with the incorporation of the local Company in accordance with B.O.I regulations.
Intellectual Property (Industrial Property and Copyright) and IT
We handle the following:
- Applications for registration of trademarks, patents and industrial designs
- Renewals and recordals of assignments, changes of names and addresses
- Licence contracts
- Oppositions and contentious I.P. litigation
- Trademark searches
- Drafting I.P. related aspects of franchise and licensing agreements